Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 32, Yay!!!

We received the 32 week scan today and surrogate and Baby are doing great! Babykin's weighs 3.8 pounds. We are happy to know all is well. There is so much still to do. I haven't packed Babykin's bag yet, but I have assembled most of the needed items. I am still not sure about packing the gender neutral clothes. We are hoping for a full term birth, but should Babykin's arrive early and we are told the sex, I don't want to travel with a load of gender neutral clothes that I am not fond of to begin with. I may pack everything but clothing and wait til the last minute for that.

We are getting our flu shots tomorrow. Costco has started offering them a bit early and we would like to be protected before we travel. For those of you about to have a baby, make certain that all those coming in contact with baby have had the whooping cough vaccine. Apparently there has been a surge of cases in the US due to the influx of unvaccinated illegal immigrants entering the US. Below is the CDC link with the recommendation.

  http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/combo-vaccines/dtap-td-dt/tdap.htm

We have both received dtap prior to previous travels, so we are good there. I have some relatives that arent' too excited about receiving the vaccine. They will not have contact if they fail to get it. We aren't taking any chances!! I had a friend that had a preemie that weighed 3 pounds at birth and I think she told me it was 6 months before she went to church. Can't say I blame her. Sick people seem to always feel well enough to go to church. Wish they would stay home. God understands.

Nothing else new. Just praying Babykin's stays put until end of Oct. Want him/her to gain weight and strength before making an appearance.

I will post as we know more. Thank you for reading! God Bless you all!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment